April 3, 2014

spring is here?

This morning, just after the sun rose, I saw (and heard) the first songbirds of the season.


There was a cardinal, whom I've named Big Red:

  

and some type of blackbird, whom I shall call Captain Butter Beak:



I'm not sure if this is Captain Butter Beak or one of his brothers but he was chirping on top of the neighbor's pine tree like he was king of the world:


There was also a black squirrel hopping along the fence but he was too quick for my camera. 

Things are looking promising... Hopefully by the time I come back from Florida, spring will finally be here!

1 comment:

  1. The Canada geese and snow geese are passing through upstate New York, on their way to Canada. Not much open water yet but they find it!

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain