March 17, 2014

organizing


It's another very cold day. I spent much of the morning in the warmth of my office, with the dog sleeping near my feet. 

I was organizing a mountain of paperwork, including immigration and tax documents, a task that was embarrassingly long overdue. When your spouse takes you aside and explains that your car registration can't be underneath the chopping board with the sliced tomato on it, you know it's time to get your act together.


Now that the filing is done, I'm going to spend the rest of my day off tidying up the kitchen and placing artwork for Bobby to hang.

Bobby's mom will be staying with us next week and she'll be our first houseguest so we're finally being forced feeling motivated to finish unpacking and decorate the house, specifically the guest bedroom.

My mom is also coming to stay with us in May so it's important that we make that space cozy and comfortable.

Tonight I'm meeting Bobby at IKEA and we're going to pick out a bed for the guestroom. I picked up a dresser and some other secondhand furniture at Goodwill that I'm going to paint/reupholster this week as well.

Here's a before shot of the room, currently a dumping ground for stuff that has no home. I'll post photos once the room is completed in a couple of days. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain