February 24, 2014

lazy Monday

It's been a lazy Monday off from work, which is exactly what I was hoping for. There's so much to do around the house - paint the upstairs, hang artwork, shovel snow - but I decided to take today to rest and relax. 


This morning I had a cup of coffee, hung some baby's breath to dry and photographed a couple of items to list on Kijiji. We're selling my old digital camera and a clothes dryer. We priced them at half of what everyone else on Kijiji is asking, for a quick sale.

While I photographed the dryer in the garage, Maple ventured out the front door (which I left open for her) and kept me company. Ever since we moved into this house, it's been too cold for her to really wander around the garage but it's been warmer this week (funny how I now call 35 degrees warm) so I let her hang out with me for a bit today, without a sweater or a leash. 



She's become very adventurous.


Once we came in, we watched The Chew and I wrote a restaurant review for Examiner.com, something I've been meaning to do for months. I'm hoping to throw myself into restaurant reviewing now that I have a car.

I realize now that I haven't written about our new car even though we purchased it a couple of weeks ago. I guess I'm just not much of a car person so I don't talk about it very much, but I'm very thankful that we were able to get a loan through our bank and get this vehicle. 



I love being able to drive myself to and from work again and it's comforting to know that we now have a winter-worthy vehicle for when the roads get really bad.

After a sunny morning, the sky is growing grey and there are warnings of flurries this evening. I have to start thinking about what we'll have for dinner soon if I want to get to the supermarket before the roads turn nasty. But not before I bake a batch of banana muffins. 

Ahh, I do love lazy days off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain