December 10, 2013

vacation

My vacation in New York was long overdue and all too short. Such is any time off from work, I suppose.

I had a lovely time on Long Island with my family. Bobby and I drove from Ontario to New York with little Maple in tow, enjoying the winter scenery as we drove through the mountains.



The barn (yes, an actual barn) that we stayed in for the week was amazing; so much so that I actually miss it. It had started to feel like home.

The atmosphere was simple, rustic and infinitely more enjoyable than if we'd stayed in a run-of-the-mill hotel. This place had character.

Here are some of my snapshots from our time at the barn.
















5 comments:

  1. Looks like a fine time! The photos are great--very evocative. I love the one of the Adirondack/Westport chairs--the stories those chairs could tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the church pew; this is my type of vacation ~

    Brenda, Relic189

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! What great photos. I especially love the one of your pup snuggled in the blankets. So cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...no wonder you missed it! It's GORGEOUS and something out of a time machine. Maple is a doll too!

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain