December 31, 2013

2013

I'll remember it as the year I took the road less travelled. For all its foolishness, for the moments of unexpected disappointment and even the moments that I saw it coming. It was a challenging year.

But I'll also remember it as the year I met this girl:


Eager as I am for the upcoming year, I won't be creating goals for myself. Of course there are things I hope to accomplish, but to list them all seems counterproductive. I don't want to set myself up for failure or disappointment, and I don't need any additional pressure. If I do the things I set out to do, then that's great. If not, I will continue to live.

So rather than vow to lose weight, learn French, swear less or volunteer more, I simply want to enter 2014 with the major lesson learned from this past year - to never say never.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain