November 21, 2013

cookie in the car

I'm not sure if it's funny or shameful that the follow-up to my previous blog post (Ice Cream For Dinner) is this post (Cookie In the Car)Could this two-parter detailing my foray into emotional eating be a subconscious cry for help? Maybe so.


It's my day off, which is always far too short given the laundry list of tasks I have to tackle. So rather than let the myriad of errands I had to run, the long lines I had to stand on and the worst drivers ever super polite Canadians on the roads get the better of me, I decided to take a break.

Halfway through the afternoon I parked the car in a somewhat empty lot, turned on the XM Broadway channel and attacked a still-warm-from-the oven Panera cookie (leftover from lunch). Within the cocoon of my car, I felt safe from all the insanity that is the holiday season.

First up on my showtunes station was Ethel Merman. I can't get enough of her. Whether it's Gypsy or Annie Get Your Gun, she slays me.


Next was a song from the original cast recording of Les Miserables.


Then Goodbye Love, one of my favorite songs from Rent.

Then... well, then I felt calm enough to continue with my errands and made my way over to Canadian Tire to stand on yet another line. 

'Tis the season?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain