September 30, 2013

the perfect sunday / Brueckner Rhododendron Gardens

There's nothing better than lazing in bed until 2 p.m., especially when coffee and quiche are involved. So that's just how Bobby, Maple and I spent this past Sunday. 

When we finally peeled ourselves out of bed in the afternoon, we packed my Yankees lunchbox with sandwiches and cookies, dressed Maple in her going-out hoodie and drove to Port Credit. 


We didn't have an exact destination in mind; we just happened to end up at the Brueckner Rhododendron Gardens after driving by and thinking it looked like a nice place to have a picnic.

The sky was overcast and there was a chill in the air - perfect weather to have lunch along the lake.




Port Credit holds a special place in my heart. When Bobby brought me to Ontario for the first time - a couple of years before we moved here - one of our stops was this lakeside village. I fell in love with its picturesque, nostalgic charm.  



Maybe it's because I was born in the seaside village of Port Jefferson that I feel so at home here? A subconscious connection, perhaps?




For whatever reason, Bobby and I both really like spending time here. Even though it's still technically in Mississauga, we are considering a move to Port Credit instead of Toronto. 

Maybe what we're really looking for is a simpler, quieter life.


3 comments:

  1. I can't imagine sleep in until 2:00 pm. I love the fall colors and the fall feel of this post. Simpler and quieter - amen to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michaele. :) Technically we woke up at 10 but then stayed in bed watching Food Network until 2. Soooo lazy!

      Delete
  2. That is a lovely place! Beautiful Fall Photos!

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain