August 12, 2013

summer cleaning

It's cleaning day here in the Core-Klimuszko (say that three times fast) household.

I woke up feeling motivated to start fresh after a tough week, and cleaning seemed like the practical first step. Plus, I was getting a little too comfortable stepping over the 12 pairs of shoes in the foyer so I decided it was time to put on my big girl britches and get cleaning.

(Even Bobby - the love child of Mr. Clean and that OCD guy Jack Nicholson plays in As Good As It Gets - has let things slide, as evidenced by the small pharmacy I just cleared off his nightstand.)


With Maple propped on a chair - comfy, cozy and decidedly unhelpful - I put a sock over one hand, a can of Pledge in the other and I went to town. I started on the 2nd floor, made my way down the staircase and to the lower level where our behemoth bookcase taunted me with fluff bunnies on every one of our 300+ books.

After tackling this bad boy, I just didn't have it in me to clean the floor-to-ceiling bookcase by the staircase landing. I love my literature, but what a pain in the ass to dust.


And the laundry. My god, the laundry. I'm currently working on my 6th load of the day.

I did darks.

I did lights.

I did whites.

I did sheets.

I did rugs.

I did shoes.

I laundered the crap out of this apartment.

And now, as if I haven't given myself enough to do, I'm going to stuff a chicken and roast it for dinner. I promised myself we'd be good and not order takeout this week, even though all I want right now is a stuffed crust pizza with extra cheese from Pizza Hut.

I know it's my fault for letting things get to the level of where it took me five hours to dust, vacuum and finish laundry. I have no one to blame but myself for why I'm now too tired to cook. But... didn't I earn a treat? Boy, does that pizza sound good. Hmm...


2 comments:

  1. Wow that's a lot of hard work Jaime. Is this some type of Blog hint you are trying to send out to me about dinner tonight?

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain