March 13, 2013

No Country For American Cheese

Dear Girl At the Grocery Store Cheese Counter in Mississauga, Ontario,

When I asked you for American cheese and you handed me blue cheese made in Wisconsin, I had to chuckle at your confusion. When I explained that I needed the kind of American cheese you melt on a grilled cheese sandwich and you showed me havarti made in California, I assumed that we were suffering from miscommunication. 

But when I explained that it wasn't about being made in an American city - that 'American cheese' is a kind of deli cheese - and you said you'd never heard of it, I died a little inside. Please educate yourself on the smooth, melty wonder that is yellow American cheese.

Sincerely, Jaime 

P.S. Got Kraft singles at Walmart. Delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain